Want to help with this project? Click here to volunteer or donate supplies or funds.
We would like to offer a Family Art Night for free to any impacted school that would value this, whether or not they are already participating in our programs. Schools would be free to supplement arts activities with a potluck or other community sharing activity.
We can provide examples of invitations that partner schools have used to gather families for the event. Each Art Night would include two projects:
Family Flags of Hope
Families and students work together to design and hand paint canvas flags that can be strung together to beautify an area of campus.
Ethiopian Necklace Scrolls or Accordion Books
A take-home project creating a uniquely shaped handmade “book” containing children’s dreams for the future.
Please contact Morgan Schauffler at Youth in Arts to schedule. As we know you are all very busy right now, here is what the school community would need to do to participate:
- Identify dates that are open for the Family Art Night activity and confirm a date
- Identify a space where the activity can take place, ideally indoors with tables
- Gather students and families for the event
- Provide anything non art-related your families will want for the event (food, etc.)
Youth in Arts will:
- Bring all artists, volunteers and supplies needed for the activities
- Arrive at a mutually agreed upon time to set-up the art tables
- Work with parents and children at the art tables to help them complete the projects
- Stay until the art projects are cleaned up
Please let us know if this would be helpful. We wish you all the best as your community recovers.
[…] an impacted school that wants a Family Art Night? Click here for more […]Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
I would love to set up a night at Biella. Thank you